Paula Gomez / Mabel De Beunza
305.807.8996 / 305.877.1031
OASIS HOTELS & RESORTS STARTS THE SUMMER WITH A BANG; ANNOUCES SUMMER MUSIC FESTIVALS
Oasis Offers Guests and Locals to Experience Entertainment Across Genres
CANCUN, Quintana Roo, Mexico, May 18, 2015 — Oasis Hotels & Resorts, the leading all-inclusive vacation resort brand in the Mexican Caribbean, is proud to announce dates for its legendary Jazz U, Ultra Electro Latin Beat Summer Electronic Music and Country Music Festivals, all part of their annual summer music festival series.
“In just four years, our music festivals have become tremendously popular because we aim to entertain our guests while at the same time incorporating local culture. Guests enjoy watching the more established acts just as much as they love when we introduce them to ground-breaking artists they may have never heard of back home,” said Enrique Klein, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Oasis Hotels & Resorts. “Vacation experiences should be just as much about relaxation as about discovery, and these music festivals are a great way to bring together people from all over the world where they can communicate and partake through music.”
Oasis Hotels & Resorts kicked off the summer with the fourth annual Oasis Jazz U Festival, May 14th – 23rd, 2015. Widely regarded for bringing together some of the world’s greatest jazz musicians, this year featured a fantastic line-up of artists with Mexican influences, offering a unique sound that mesmerized fans and hotel guests alike. In past years, the festival brought talents such as Trombone Shorty, Macea Parker, Brad Mehldhau and many more to Cancun. This year’s roster included:
- Eddie Palmieri is known as one of the finest Latin Jazz pianist of the past 50 years. In the past few years, Palmieri has received the United State’s highest honor in Jazz, The NEA Jazz Masters Award and the Latin Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Na’Rimbo is a rare group that fuses traditional jazz instruments to create a sound where folk music, Mexican popular music, Latin rhythms and jazz meet. Creating an explosion of extraordinary sounds, the group has performed in several national and international festivals.
- Hector Infanzon is a world-renowned pianist, composer and arranger, whose sounds merge the core of traditional forms of Mexico City as well as folklore, classical and Afro-Caribbean beats. He has played in numerous national and international Jazz festivals and has also been commissioned to arrange traditional Mexican music for the Querétaro Philharmonic Orchestras.
- Hiram Gomez is a Mexico City born bassist, composer and arranger. Beginning as a bass player for Los Hermanos Blazquez at age 7, Hiram became a studio musician at age 18 and traveled the world. As time progressed, Hiram has shared the stage with some of best jazz musicians and touched the biggest stages: Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, Hotel MGM Grand etc.
- Juan D’Anyelica is a guitarist from Madrid, Spain who started studying flamenco guitar and made his debut at the Monumental Theater of Madrid alongside the greatest Spanish flamenco performers. Staying true to this method, D’Anyelica settled in Cancun where he performs in Cancun’s famous hotel zone about 300 times each year.
- Diego El Cigala has been called “the Sinatra of flamenco.” His talents have won him three Grammy’s, Britain’s BBC Radio recognition as well as “record of the year” by the New York Times. El Cigala has sold more than a million copies worldwide and remains one of the worlds most exciting and innovating flamenco singers today.
The upcoming Ultra Electro Latin Beat Summer Electronic Music Festival will run each weekend from May 29th – July 26th, featuring mega-artists from the electro-latino genre, including Puerto Rican reggaeton duos Zion & Lennox (Friday, May 29th) and Jowel & Randy (Friday, July 3rd). Also performing are Panamanian producer and artist Chombo, Cancun resident and house artist Dave Quireza, DJ and former Pitbull tour-mate Syphe, and personal DJ of Daddy Yankee, Candy Boy.
The fourth annual Country Music Festival will be taking place June 24th – 28th, 2015. Nationally recognized singer/songwriter Matt Jordan, 2015 American Idol contestant Riley Bria, female-fronted country/folk band Steel Blossom and more will serenade guests with well-known sing-a-long tracks while also showcasing original material. Throughout the five days of the festival, the artists will rotate their appearances throughout the resort’s numerous venues, offering guests intimate musical experiences.
“As an added value to our guests, we bring in some of the most talented up-and-coming Country music artists to offer our guests experiences that transcend the traditional all-inclusive offer,” said Klein. “For those five days, from morning to night, there is a performance happening at any given venue within the resort. This
day in age, people are always looking for the next best thing in entertainment, and some of our guests have discovered their new favorite artists here with us.”
Oasis Cancun, dubbed the “fun property” of the Oasis Hotels & Resort brand, offers an entertainment resort concept paired with a lively atmosphere. By merging world-class talents with luxurious hospitality, Oasis Cancun enhances the guest resort experience. Shifting the idea of all-inclusive stays, Oasis Hotels & Resorts regularly entertains with singers, clowns, acrobats, rollerbladers, a beach-club DJ and much more. This premier entertainment venue has housed world-renowned artists such as the legendary Kool & the Gang, Grammy award winning, Janelle Monàe, and Grammy nominated Melanie Fiona throughout the years.
“Every year Oasis Hotels & Resorts strives to raise the bar as an all-inclusive, excitement driven property,” said Klein. “We designed the property to cater specifically to guests of all ages who enjoy the convenience of an all-inclusive resort but also seek one-of-a-kind travel experiences and world-class entertainment.”
About Oasis Hotels & Resorts
Oasis Hotels & Resorts offers eight properties spread throughout Cancun and Tulum, each with its own brand identity and catering to a distinct guest profile. Combined, Oasis’ portfolio consists of 4,000 guestrooms and suites. In 2011, Oasis Hotels & Resorts made a multi-million dollar investment to renovate its properties, including significant enhancements to its accommodations, food & beverage options and enhancing service standards. Oasis properties include: The Pyramid at Grand Oasis, Grand Oasis Cancun, Grand Oasis Tulum, Grand Oasis Palm, Oasis Palm, Oh! By Oasis, Grand Oasis Sens and Oasis Smart.
# # #